OD YOSEF HAI &
THE LEVY KELATY
The gathering of London’s Sephardi brethren
Home for the Sephardi brethren from the East for over 35 years, Od Yosef Hai is proud of its members representing a whole spectrum of our Sephardi heritage. We welcome all – “Join us on your spiritual journey”.
We are committed to providing a diverse program of learning for the all those in the community and beyond. We hope to provide you with inspiration, helping you to engage in Torah learning on a regular basis, bringing the Torah alive to you, so that you can incorporate the beauty of the Torah into your every day life. Whether you are married, single, male or female, please feel free to contact us for more details of how you, your friends or members of your family can become more involved with the Od Yosef Hai warm and welcoming Community.
- It is with great sadness that we have to inform the Community of the Passing of Bernie Summers Z”L (Husband of Lily and Father of Graham, Marilyn & Alexa) on Tuesday, 16th August. The Levaya and Funeral took place on 16th August. May Hashem comfort and give strength to all the family at this sad time and to all those who knew and loved Bernie Summers Z”L , our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to wish a Hearty Mazal Tov to Yoni Haye & Siona Nissim on their Wedding which took place in London on Wednesday, 10th August. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Moshe & Aliza Haye and Rabbi Mordechai & Mimi Nission and to the Grandparents, Mr & Mrs George Haye, Mrs Ruby Nissim & Mr Ever Meghnagi.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to wish a Hearty Mazal Tov to Tamara Ezekiel & Yoni Klein from Australia on their recent Engagement. Mazal Tov also to the Parents from both families including Abie & Allison Ezekiel.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to wish a Hearty Mazal Tov to Michelle Cohen & Shimon Fraser on their Wedding which took place in London on Thursday, 11th August. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Orna & Ghassan Cohen and Madeleine & Howard Fraser. Mazal Tov to both families.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to wish a Hearty Mazal Tov to Hadassah Simon & Daniel Ellis on their Wedding which is taking place in London on Sunday, 14th August. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Haviva & Abie Simon and Sara & Philip Ellis. Mazal Tov to both families.
- Please note that Dayan David fully supports this much needed cause for our Community. Click here to download a letter to Dayan David relating to the North West London Communal Mikvah
- We are delighted to announce that later this year at the end of October, long standing members of Od Yosef Hai, Nissim Nissim, Sefi Jacob & Monty Sassoon will be climbing to the Base Camp of Mount Everest in Nepal to attempt to raise at least £ 50,000 for Od Yosef Hai. Everest Base Camp perched on the Khumbu Glacier at the is at an altitude of 5,600 meters which is reached over a period of nine days with two complete rest days en route. A Personal Message from Nissim, Sefi and Monty:- Do you want to join us in making a difference? We are raising funds for a charity that is very close to our hearts, and somewhere we have been going every week for many years, our synagogue Od Yosef Hai. We have taken on the not so small task of climbing up to Mount Everest Basecamp in Nepal to raise funds for some much-needed work at Od Yosef Hai. All donations will go straight to the synagogue. No flights or climbing costs will be deducted from any donations received. Please help us raise as much as we can. Every donation will be gratefully appreciated regardless of the amount. Thank you in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to us.Click here to donate. https://gofund.me/97d77cad
- OYH are really pleased to announce that the shul has started a new project entitled “the OYH Chesed Team” and this is being led by Darren Ezekiel and Briana Simon. Basically, the shul is looking for volunteers who can help with various Chesed OYH Community projects such as visiting sick and lonely people, helping the elderly with transport and shopping, organising food rotas for new mothers and welcoming new families in the community. If you would like to volunteer to help or if you know anyone in our community who you think may need help, please contact Darren or Briana.
- The new *OYH Children’s Service* takes place every Shabbat every week at 9:45am. It is proving to be very successful. Every week, there are 20-30 children attending the Children’s Service. We encourage you to send your children *ages 4-11*, and we hope this will also provide an opportunity for more women to come back to shul! The service is well structured and run by Ariella Moses, Talya Ivgi and Shira Raymond. For sponsorship opportunities please contact Darren Ezekiel on 07974 870661.
- If any congregant would like a special occasion such as a special Birthday, Birth, Engagement, Wedding, Barmitzvah, Batmitzvah etc to be announced on Shabbat during the Musaf Service, please send details of the special occasion to David Albert, preferably by the Thursday prior to Shabbat, either by text on 07988 792716 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org