OD YOSEF HAI &
THE LEVY KELATY
The gathering of London’s Sephardi brethren
Home for the Sephardi brethren from the East for over 35 years, Od Yosef Hai is proud of its members representing a whole spectrum of our Sephardi heritage. We welcome all – “Join us on your spiritual journey”.
We are committed to providing a diverse program of learning for the all those in the community and beyond. We hope to provide you with inspiration, helping you to engage in Torah learning on a regular basis, bringing the Torah alive to you, so that you can incorporate the beauty of the Torah into your every day life. Whether you are married, single, male or female, please feel free to contact us for more details of how you, your friends or members of your family can become more involved with the Od Yosef Hai warm and welcoming Community.
To all our OYH Ladies, there is an inspiring shiur on Wednesday, 6th July at 8.15 pm at the home of Anne Abraham, 27 Wykeham Road, Hendon NW4 2TB. The shiur will be given by Rebbetzen Joanne Dove and is entitled, “The Three Weeks: Ways to bring Mashiach”. Looking forward to seeing you there. It will be in the merit of a Refuah Shelemah for Yechiel Yosef Chaim ben Nettie Neri and Yosef ben Simha.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to send a Hearty Mazal Tov to Roby Darzy who read his Barmitzvah Sedra at OYH on Shabbat Beha’alotcha, 18 June. Mazal Tov to his parents, Saul & Belinda Darzy and his Grandmother, Saeeda Sawdayee.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to send a Hearty Mazal Tov to Shmulik David & Eliana Japheth on their Wedding in London on 13 June. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Rabbi Yossi & Sharona David and
Mordy & Michelle Japheth. Mazal Tov also to the Grandparents, Dayan Abraham & Rebetzen Ruth David,
Shmuel & Hannah Sioni, Solomon & Ruth Japheth, Jeffrey Jacobs.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to send a Hearty Mazal Tov to Daniel Stakol who read his Barmitzvah Sedra at OYH on Shabbat Naso, 11 June. Mazal Tov to his parents, Jeremy & Marcelle Stakol and his Grandparents, Isaac & Regina Nissim.
- It with with great sadness that we have to inform the Community of the passing in of Israel Joshua’s brother, Yehezkel ben Saleh Sasson Z”L. We convey our sincere condolences to the Joshua Family. May Hashem comfort and give strength to his family at this sad time.
- The Od Yosef Hai Community would like to send a Hearty Mazal Tov to Yoni Haye and Siona Nissim on their Engagement. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Moshe & Aliza Haye and Rabbi Mordechai & Mimi Nissim. Mazal Tov also to the Grandparents, Mr & Mrs G. Haye, Mrs Ruby Nissim & Mr Ever Meghnagi.
- We are delighted to announce that later this year at the end of October, long standing members of Od Yosef Hai, Nissim Nissim, Sefi Jacob & Monty Sassoon will be climbing to the Base Camp of Mount Everest in Nepal to attempt to raise at least £ 50,000 for Od Yosef Hai. Everest Base Camp perched on the Khumbu Glacier at the is at an altitude of 5,600 meters which is reached over a period of nine days with two complete rest days en route. A Personal Message from Nissim, Sefi and Monty:- Do you want to join us in making a difference? We are raising funds for a charity that is very close to our hearts, and somewhere we have been going every week for many years, our synagogue Od Yosef Hai. We have taken on the not so small task of climbing up to Mount Everest Basecamp in Nepal to raise funds for some much-needed work at Od Yosef Hai. All donations will go straight to the synagogue. No flights or climbing costs will be deducted from any donations received. Please help us raise as much as we can. Every donation will be gratefully appreciated regardless of the amount. Thank you in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to us.Click here to donate. https://gofund.me/97d77cad
- OYH are really pleased to announce that the shul has started a new project entitled “the OYH Chesed Team” and this is being led by Darren Ezekiel and Briana Simon. Basically, the shul is looking for volunteers who can help with various Chesed OYH Community projects such as visiting sick and lonely people, helping the elderly with transport and shopping, organising food rotas for new mothers and welcoming new families in the community. If you would like to volunteer to help or if you know anyone in our community who you think may need help, please contact Darren or Briana.
- The new *OYH Children’s Service* takes place every Shabbat every week at 9:45am. It is proving to be very successful. Every week, there are 20-30 children attending the Children’s Service. We encourage you to send your children *ages 4-11*, and we hope this will also provide an opportunity for more women to come back to shul! The service is well structured and run by Ariella Moses, Talya Ivgi and Shira Raymond. For sponsorship opportunities please contact Darren Ezekiel on 07974 870661. For the month of July, The Children’s Service has kindly been donated by Monty & Daniella Sassoon in memory of Daniel ben Rachel Sassoon.
- If any congregant would like a special occasion such as a special Birthday, Birth, Engagement, Wedding, Barmitzvah, Batmitzvah etc to be announced on Shabbat during the Musaf Service, please send details of the special occasion to David Albert, preferably by the Thursday prior to Shabbat, either by text on 07988 792716 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org